NHS Digital Data Release Register - reformatted
University of East Anglia
Opt outs honoured: N
Basis: Informed Patient consent to permit the receipt, processing and release of data by the HSCIC
Format: Identifiable Sensitive
How often: Ongoing
When: unknown — 11/2016
HSCIC Id: DARS-NIC-148298-N5HDR-v0.0
Data: MRIS - Cause of Death Report
Data: MRIS - Cohort Event Notification Report
Objective: Study Hypothesis
The primary research question is whether a community based screening program for osteoporosis reduces, and is cost-effective in reducing, the incidence of fractures in older women.
Questions to be addressed in the feasibility study
1) Can sufficient GPs be recruited to the study to allow access to the number of women required for a successful main study?
2) What is the rate of uptake amongst those women invited to take part in the study?
3) What are the characteristics of those accepting the invitation to join the study and what percentage are excluded (based on stated exclusion criteria) ?
4) What are the completion rates for the baseline questionnaires?
5) What proportion of women in the intervention group will be assigned to different categories of risk (i.e. low risk, intermediate risk, high risk)?
6) What proportion of intermediate risk cases will attend for a BMD scan?
7) What proportion of the control group will commence therapy after enrolment ?
8) What proportion of the intervention group will follow the suggested management pathway?
9) What proportion of the intervention group will adhere to the suggested management pathway and be compliant with therapy at 6 months?
Source: NHS Digital.